Due to the development of microelectronics technology, active and passive optical device technology, the integrated optical transceiver module has become the mainstream product of ordinary optical modules in recent years. Although the packaging, speed and transmission distance of optical modules are different, their internal composition is basically the same.
The optical module is the carrier used for transmission between switches and devices, and is the core device in the optical fiber communication system. The main function is that the transmitting end converts the electrical signal of the device into an optical signal. The optical module is composed of several parts such as optoelectronic devices, functional circuits and optical interfaces. The optoelectronic devices include two parts: transmitting and receiving. An optical module is an electronic component for photoelectric conversion, which simply converts optical signals into electrical signals, and electrical signals into optical signals, including transmitting devices, receiving devices and electronic functional circuits. According to its definition, as long as there is an optical signal, there will be an application of an optical module. The transceiver modules compatibility matrix is a helpful tool for ensuring that the transceiver modules selected for a network are compatible with the specific hardware and software components being used.
Optical modules can be divided into optical receiving modules, optical transmitting modules, optical transceiver modules, optical fiber module and optical forwarding modules. And more information can be found in transceiver module wiki. The main function of the integrated optical transceiver module is to realize photoelectric/electrical-optical conversion, including optical power control, modulation and transmission, signal detection, and limiting amplification, judgment and regeneration functions. The common ones are: SFP, SFP+, GBIC, XFP, 1×9, etc.
The role of the optical module can be understood as a relay for transmitting and receiving electrical signals, and a bridge for electrical signal transmission. WER provides all types of optical modules mentioned in this article, with complete models, low loss and high cost performance. If you are interested in 100g optical modules, you can contact us.
1. Video optical transceivers: generally use 1×9 single-mode optical modules, and some high-definition optical transceivers also use SFP optical modules.
2. Optical transceiver: 1×9 and SFP optical modules are used.
3. Switches: The switches will use GBIC, 1×9, SFP, SFP+, XFP optical modules, etc.
4. Optical fiber routers: SFP optical modules are generally used.
5. Optical fiber network card: 1×9 optical module, SFP optical module, SFP+ optical module, etc. are used.
6. Optical fiber high-speed ball machine: using SFP optical module.
7. Base station: In a mobile communication system, a device that connects the fixed part and the wireless part and connects with the mobile station through wireless transmission in the air.
8. Tunnel traffic monitoring.
Optical modules provide a viable solution for the transmission of long-distance communication links, and are key components to meet the performance requirements of today's network architectures, not only increasing the flexibility of network coverage, but also making it easier to replace components in the event of a failure. WHGearlink as a professional optical module supplier, provides high-quality fibre channel transceiver to our customers.