Optical transceiver wiki - The optical transceiver is a photoelectric conversion module, whose function is to convert the electrical signal of the device into an optical signal, so that the optical signal is transmitted in the optical fiber, and then the optical signal is converted into an electrical signal after reaching the destination.
The optical transceivers market refers to the industry involved in the manufacturing and sale of optical transceivers. Optical transceivers are electronic devices used in optical communication networks to transmit and receive data over fiber optic cables. They serve as the interface between the optical network and electronic devices, converting electrical signals into optical signals for transmission and vice versa.
The optical transceiver is composed of optoelectronic devices, PCB boards and optical interfaces. The main components are TOSA (optical transmission), ROSA (optical reception), and BOSA (integrated optical transceiver).
The parameters of the optical transceiver mainly include transmission rate, center wavelength, transmission distance, single-mode/multi-mode, interface type, etc. Multi-mode has high loss but small dispersion during transmission and is suitable for short-distance transmission, while single-mode has low loss but large dispersion during transmission and is suitable for long-distance transmission.
The 400G transceiver market is experiencing rapid growth due to the increasing demand for high-speed data transmission in various industries, such as telecommunications, data centers, and cloud computing, driving the adoption of advanced optical technologies.
As a company dealing with China optical transceiver, we are glad to answer your inquiry.
1. Video optical transceiver: 1*9 single-mode optical transceiver is generally used, and some high-definition optical transceivers will also use SFP optical transceivers;
2. Optical fiber transceiver: adopt 1*9 and SFP optical transceiver;
3. Switch: The switch will use SFP, SFP+, XFP, QSFP+/QSFP28 optical transceivers, etc.;
4. Optical fiber router: generally use SFP optical transceiver;
5. Optical fiber network card: 1*9 optical transceiver, SFP optical transceiver, SFP+ optical transceiver, etc.;
6. Optical fiber high-speed dome camera: adopts SFP optical transceiver;
7. Base station: In the mobile communication system, the equipment that connects the fixed part and the wireless part, and connects to the mobile station through wireless transmission in the air, usually using SFP, XFP, SFP28 optical transceivers.
Equipment manufacturers of optical modules will encrypt their devices to varying degrees, also known as compatibility. Modules of a particular brand can only be used with devices of the same brand, and cannot be matched with other brand optical modules. Compatibility manufacturers need to conduct different compatibility adaptations on the optical modules. Whether or not they can perfectly solve compatibility issues is particularly important.